How Your Mesothelioma Claim is Investigated
Many veterans who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma know exactly how they were exposed to asbestos, which is the only known cause of this type of devastating cancer.
At Belluck & Fox LLP, our dedicated mesothelioma claims attorneys have extensive experience investigating these types of claims for Navy veterans and shipyard workers. With our vast pool of resources, we can determine precisely how you were exposed and the manufacturers that made the products that harmed you.
If you are a Navy veteran or a naval shipyard worker and recently have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may have a legal right to claim financial compensation from the asbestos manufacturers that harmed your health. The compensation you receive can help pay for your medical bills and provide financial security for your family.
Belluck & Fox, LLP will also help you file a claim with the Veteran’s Administration for compensation. To schedule a free case evaluation, contact the mesothelioma claims attorneys at Belluck & Fox today by calling or filling out our online contact form.
What Are the Steps for Filing a Mesothelioma Claim?
As a nationally recognized advocate for mesothelioma patients, Belluck & Fox has years of experience building strong claims for compensation. We understand how much stress a mesothelioma diagnosis can put on a veteran and his or her family. We also know how the thought of filing a mesothelioma claim can seem daunting. You can rest assured that our compassionate and skilled mesothelioma claims attorneys will make the process as easy as possible.
Here is what you can expect when you contact our firm:
- Firm partners Joe Belluck or Jordan Fox will call you personally within 24 hours. We take these claims extremely seriously, and we will not hand you off to an investigator or inexperienced lawyer.
- We will immediately schedule a meeting with you to explain the mesothelioma claims process.
- We will also start by taking detailed notes about your work and military history.
- You will sign an agreement for us to seek compensation on your behalf.
- We will thoroughly investigate your claim, identify when and where you were exposed to asbestos, and which manufacturers were responsible.
- We will file a legal claim on your behalf in state court and prepare the case.
- You will be asked to testify at a deposition about your exposure to asbestos.
- Belluck & Fox will pursue a full and fair settlement for you and your family.
- If we cannot reach a fair settlement agreement, we will take your case on to trial to argue for maximum compensation.
In addition to handling your asbestos legal claim, we can connect you and your family with a wealth of medical and financial resources to help you cope with your mesothelioma diagnosis. Fill out our online form to order a free mesothelioma comprehensive care package, to be sent by mail.
How Will You Investigate Asbestos Exposure in My Mesothelioma Claim?
The dedicated attorneys in our firm have spent decades helping veterans with mesothelioma build successful asbestos claims. When you enlist us to handle your case, we will:
- Obtain blueprints of your Navy ship(s) from Naval Archives.
- Use our extensive database of ships and documents to research asbestos used in your particular ship(s) and to identify the companies that sold that asbestos.
- Gather ship muster rolls and contact ship reunion committees to locate your former shipmates.
- Interview your shipmates to gain a better understanding of how and when you were exposed to asbestos.
- Combine all the evidence we have gathered in your case with our vast archive or information about dangerous asbestos products.
Filing a successful mesothelioma claim requires a serious amount of resources, and Belluck & Fox has spent a significant amount of time building up our firm’s resources so we can act quickly on your behalf. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, contact us now to find out how we can put our knowledge to work for you.
How Much Does It Cost to Investigate a Mesothelioma Claim?
At Belluck & Fox, we are sensitive to the financial constraints many veterans are facing. Particularly when you are concerned about mounting medical bills, the last thing you and your family should have to worry about is whether you can afford to file a mesothelioma claim.
That’s why our mesothelioma claims attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means that we do not collect legal fees from you upfront. Instead, our legal fees would come as a percentage of your recovery.
How Long Does It Take to Resolve a Mesothelioma Claim?
Because our attorneys already have deep knowledge and an extensive database of information related to these types of claims, our firm can move quickly to get your mesothelioma claim in order. In addition, for patients in New York, there is a state law that allows expedited handling of cases for people with life-threatening diseases.
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, we will petition the courts to resolve your case within one year. Although every case is unique, we are able to successfully settle many cases within eight months to one year from the time we receive them.
Is There a Deadline for Filing a Mesothelioma Claim?
As soon as you are diagnosed with mesothelioma, the clock begins to tick on the time you have to file an asbestos claim. That time limit, or statute of limitations, varies from state to state. In New York, the statute of limitations for filing a claim is three years.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with this deadly cancer, it is important that you get help from an experienced mesothelioma claims lawyer right away. If you have already lost a loved one to this terrible disease, you may still be able to file a claim for compensation.
Let Our Mesothelioma Claims Attorneys Help
Contact our compassionate and knowledgeable asbestos claims lawyers today to discuss how we may be able to help you and your family. Call or fill out our online form to schedule a free, no-obligation case consultation.v