Can I file a lawsuit if my loved one passed away from mesothelioma?
A family member may be able to file a wrongful death claim to recover compensation for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Health care expenses for your loved one
- Lost wages and benefits from the time your loved one got sick to the time of death
- Value of lost support and services your loved one had provided
- Inheritance lost by children
- Loss of nurturing, guidance, and care felt by the children
You may also be able to recover compensation for the pain and suffering your loved one faced before death. And in cases of extreme misconduct, you may be awarded punitive damages.